Introduction to this Policy
Funnel Metrics, LLC (“FM”or “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website funnelmetrics.com or use our application software products (our “apps”) (for convenience, this policy refers to this website and our apps collectively as our “Website”). This policy explains our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to:
- Information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by FM or any third party; or
- Information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy
No Children Under the Age of 16.Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
- If you are under 16, please do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features.
- If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
- If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at: [email protected]
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Types of Information. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website. Some of this information is collected at the direction of our clients. We collect information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From or on behalf of our clients who have obtained your consent to provide it to us, to allow us to provide our services.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting information about our services, registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Contact us at [email protected] for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Information Provided to Us by Our Clients With Your Consent.We collect information from or on behalf of our clients, and some of that information might include personal information. Our clients control such information, and have represented to us that they have obtained your consent to provide such information to us. The collection is done in order to allow us to provide our services to the client and fulfill our contractual obligations to the client. If you are a customer of or otherwise have a direct relationship with one of our clients and wish to exercise your rights to control and access your information, your rights may be exercised under this policy, but also, the client’s policies may apply to your information, because the client is the data controller with respect to that information. Please contact the client in these circumstances. We also encourage you to contact us at [email protected] so we may respond to your request and contact the data controller.
Consent to Obtaining and Using Your Information
There are a number of ways in which you can consent to our obtaining and using your personal information:
- When you interact with web forms and similar registration pages at our Website (or partners that we collaborate with), we will request explicit consent prior to you submitting your personal information.
- When we contact you and you provide information to us, and you consent to us for using the information we obtained from you.
- When your employer or another organization with which you have a contractual relationship is a client of ours. For example, your employer might have obtained your consent to provide your personal information to us for our use in providing our services to your employer. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that you have consented to that party’s providing of your personal information to us.
How We Use Your Information
We typically use information that we collect about you, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you and our clients with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which you provide your information to us. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Retention Times. We will retain information for as long as needed to provide FM’s services to our clients, fulfill our legal and contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Contract terms might limit this time period.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose without restriction aggregated information about our users (that is, information aggregated from our users that no longer identifies any individual, and so, is no longer “personal” information).
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, we are a salesforce.com partner.
- To a buyer or other successor of FM in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of FM’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by FM about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Funnel Metrics, LLC, our customers, or third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Onward Transfers. We do not sell personal information to any other third-party organization. We do not transfer rights to personal information to any party or use the personal information other than for the original purpose for which the personal information was obtained. Any transfer to a third party is solely intended for the processing of the information, and FM has secured agreements with any downstream data processors that it might engage, in order to protect your personal information.
Data Security. In the event of a data breach where your personal information is compromised, the data controller of your personal information may be required to notify you within 72 hours under the rules of certain jurisdictions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any time you transmit personal information, it is done at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
- Promotional Offers from FM. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by FM to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Accessing and Controlling Your Information
Difference Between Data Controllers and Data Processors. Your personal information may enter our processing scope in multiple ways. We are either a data controller or a data processor under applicable regulations; that determination is made according to the way in which your personal information is obtained, who has control over that information, and who has the responsibility for protecting and administering your rights.
As mentioned above, it is likely that information that we process in connection with providing FM services was obtained by or behalf of one of our clients under a contract for providing our services to the client. In that case, it is the client that likely is the data controller, and we are the data processor.
When you interact with us directly, such as via our marketing and sales development outreach as a Website visitor, we may be the primary data controller. In these cases, we are responsible for obtaining your consent and providing means for exercising your rights regarding your personal information.
You have rights to protect your personal information, including:
Instead of automatic consent to collection, you must opt in to have an organization (the “data controller”) gain the right to collect your personal information.
You can access your personal information that has been collected.
You can request correction, updates, deletion, or erasure of your personal information. We note that deleting your personal information will most likely result in deleting any user account you have with us.
You can request data on how your personal information was used, the purpose of the processing, a listing of categories of personal information processed, a listing of any third party recipients of your personal information both backwards and forwards, a listing of transfers of your personal information into and out of certain jurisdictions, and a listing of any third party sources of your personal information.
You can request information on when your personal information was obtained, how long your personal information would be stored, or if that is unknown, how the length of the storage period would be determined.
You can request that your personal information be rectified in certain circumstances, erased if certain grounds are met, restricted in processing, and objected to in processing for certain purposes like direct marketing.
You can request that your personal information be exported and provided to you in complete form.
You can object to processing of your personal information based on legitimate interests, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information.
You can withdraw your consent to the collection and use of your personal information.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected], or by mail to Funnel Metrics, LLC, 101 North Addison Avenue, Suite 207, Elmhurst, IL 60126, Attention: Data Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within 30 days and notify you of the action we have taken. We reserve the right to confirm your identity before providing access to information.
Withdrawing Consent. If you had previously provided us with your consent to collect your personal information, you may choose to withdraw that consent. Please send an email request to [email protected] and we will attempt to implement the request, and provide a confirmation of your consent withdrawal via a reply email to your email address. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal. Withdrawal also won’t affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If Your Consent and Personal Information Was Provided to a Third Party.With respect to personal information as to which we aren’t the “data controller,” we might not be able to directly act in response to your withdrawal of consent, or your requests for information listed above under “Your Rights.” For example, if the personal information in question was provided by you to your employer (or another party having a relationship with you), who had your consent to collect and use and send us the personal information, then the employer is the “data controller.” As we are not the “data controller,” then typically we won’t be able to change that consent, and won’t be able to directly provide personal information to you in response to your requests under the “Your Rights” categories above. In these cases, we recommend that you send your request directly to your employer. If you send the request to us at [email protected], we will forward the request to your employer.
Filing a Complaint. In the event you are not satisfied with our resolution of your requests, you have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority for the jurisdiction you are in, and to seek appropriate remediation.